Take the last quiz in our series and test your knowledge about backup and recovery, and business continuity in...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
the event of a disaster.
1. In a data context, this is the activity of copying files or
databases so that they will be preserved in case of equipment failure
or other catastrophe.
2. In data management, this is a process that involves copying backup
files from backup media to hard disk in order to return data to its
3. This backup operational mode enables a secondary system component
(such as a server or database) to take over when a primary component
4. This is a type of storage redundancy that involves storing the
same data on multiple disks.
5. This is the ability to periodically copy the contents of all or a
designated amount of data from its usual storage device to a
cartridge device so that in the event of a hard disk crash the data
will not be lost.
6. This is an open standard for a backup tape system, providing
formats for both fast data access and high storage capacity,
developed jointly by Hewlett-Packard, IBM, and Seagate.
7. This is a method of offloading backup procedures from a server so
that the time ordinarily devoted to backup functions can be used to
carry out other server tasks.
8. This is a "snapshot" of your computer's
data at a specific time so that if future changes cause a problem,
you can restore the system and your data to the way it was before the
changes were made.
9. This is the use of a special storage device that manages
less-frequently needed data so that it appears to be stored entirely
on tape cartridges when some parts of it may actually be located in
faster, hard disk storage.
10. This is a small, portable disk drive used primarily for backing
up and archiving personal computer files.
How many could you guess without peeking? We'd like to know!
If you liked this quiz, take the other quizzes in the series.