Solveig Haugland has worked as an instructor, course developer, author and technical writer in the high-tech industry for 15 years, for employers including Microsoft Great Plains, Sun Microsystems and BEA. Currently, Solveig is a StarOffice and OpenOffice.org instructor, author, and freelance technical writer.
She is also co-author, with Floyd Jones, of three books: Staroffice 5.2 Companion, Staroffice 6.0 Office Suite Companion and OpenOffice.Org 1.0 Resource Kit, published by Prentice Hall PTR. Here fourth book, the OpenOffice.org 2 Guidebook, is available now from Amazon and Cafepress.com. For more tips on working in OpenOffice, visit Solveig's OpenOffice blog.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Solveig Haugland
- OpenOffice in TRADOS
- Removing page break from a table
- No existing config files
- Comparing multiple OpenOffice spreadsheets
- Google Spreadsheets review
- Being prepared for anything: Using the scenario feature
- Skip the input fields -- Make life easier with the Writ
- Easing migration with the OpenOffice.org menu and toolb
- Disappearing lines in OpenOffice's Draw tool
- Personalizing your OpenOffice palette
- Individual justifications for OpenOffice headers and footers
- Eliminating extra spaces in OpenOffice
- MS Office document compatibility with OpenOffice
- Smart formatting for better compatibility between OpenO
- How shortcuts and AutoText can make you more efficient
- OpenOffice expert's review: On-the-go docs with AjaxWri
- The mystery of the missing mail merge
- Finding hidden treasures in OpenOffice 2.0's Charting W
- Page master templates in an Impress presentation
- Sharing a Calc document in OpenOffice