Solveig Haugland has worked as an instructor, course developer, author and technical writer in the high-tech industry for 15 years, for employers including Microsoft Great Plains, Sun Microsystems and BEA. Currently, Solveig is a StarOffice and OpenOffice.org instructor, author, and freelance technical writer.
She is also co-author, with Floyd Jones, of three books: Staroffice 5.2 Companion, Staroffice 6.0 Office Suite Companion and OpenOffice.Org 1.0 Resource Kit, published by Prentice Hall PTR. Here fourth book, the OpenOffice.org 2 Guidebook, is available now from Amazon and Cafepress.com. For more tips on working in OpenOffice, visit Solveig's OpenOffice blog.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Solveig Haugland
- Modifying reports in Base
- Changing field orders in an existing database
- Combining OpenOffice.org text documents using master fi
- Changing document headers in OpenOffice Calc
- Using styles in OpenOffice.org
- Using OpenOffice with Publisher documents
- Emailing Writer attachments to Outlook
- Open source spreadsheet alternatives
- Replacing Microsoft Project
- Replacing Access
- Using the data pilot: OpenOffice.org Calc's answer to p
- Turning data into information with functions in OpenOff
- Exporting data from an OpenOffice.org Base database
- Bringing data into OpenOffice 2.0's database
- Viewing MS Word document track changes in OpenOffice
- Modifying forms and creating data lists in OpenOffice
- Quick tips: Documents and database forms in OpenOffice
- Microsoft Publisher vs. OpenOffice Writer
- OpenOffice in TRADOS
- Removing page break from a table