Scott Noyes works as senior Web applications developer for BookIt.com. He is often seen quoting the manuals on the MySQL and PHP areas of Freenode and experts-exchange.com. Scott holds the MySQL Core, Developer and DBA certifications and is a Zend Certified Engineer. He lives in Florida.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Scott Noyes
- Advice on MySQL character sets and collations
- Incorporating multi-master support in MySQL
- Detection deadlock algorithms in MySQL
- MySQL query cache
- MySQL's query optimizer
- Creating triggers to remove users
- User vs. local variables
- Limiting table access with a stored procedure
- Modifying the GRANT statement
- Adding a not exist to a subquery with several joins
- mysql_ functions vs. mysqli object approach
- PEAR functionality in MySQL
- CSV, ARCHIVE, FEDERATED and EXAMPLE in MySQL 5
- Hierarchal data storage in MySQL
- Cluster architecture and scalability
- Enterprise-level database qualifications
- MySQL vs. PostgreSQL: Which is faster?
- ACID-compliant MySQL
- Mission-critical with MySQL
- MySQL full outer join workaround