Ken Milberg is the President and Managing consultant of PowerTCO (formerly known as Unix-Linux Solutions); a NY based IBM Business Partner. Ken is also a writer and technical editor for IBM Systems Magazine, Power Systems edition and a frequent contributor of content for IBM developerWorks. He is a technology writer and site expert for techtarget.com and provides Linux technical information and support at SearchEnterpriseLinux.com. He is the founder and group leader of the NY Metro POWER-AIX/Linux Users Group. Ken serves as a permanent guest on the Board in an advisory role as an AIX expert for COMMON. He also is a former Board member of Unigroup.
Ken has done work for many Global Fortune 500 companies and has experience with the SMB market; having held such diverse positions from CIO to Senior Unix Engineer. Ken is a PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP), an IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) System p (AIX & Linux), and also holds certifications in Solaris and HP-UX. Ken has 20+ years of experience with Unix/Linux.
Ken holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer and Information Science, as well as a Master of Science degree in Technology Management from the University of Maryland University College.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Kenneth Milberg
- Does Linux really cost less than other solutions?
- Is Linux behind MS Windows and Unix in scalability?
- What are the popular application development products currently in use for Linux?
- What role does scalability play in system design?
- Can you recommend some free or inexpensive Linux courses?
- Can I migrate smoothly from Solaris to SendMail?
- What are some issues that come up in a Unix-to-Linux migration?
- What are the advantages of moving to a Linux HPC cluster?
- Should I migrate from Unix one app at a time?
- What are some ERP software solutions that are optimized for Linux?
- How can I improve NFS performance in a Linux network?
- Can a Perl script be started at system boot?
- What is a good topic for my final project?
- Using AWK to convert a text file in Unix
- Versions, releases, distributions and the kernel
- How can I reset the time zone on my mail server?
- How can you tell if you are running the Solaris 8 hardened version?
- How do you use "dkinit" to reset cylinders in a hard drive?
- How can I disable the screen saver on a Unix box?
- Learning how to secure Linux servers