Ken Milberg is the President and Managing consultant of PowerTCO (formerly known as Unix-Linux Solutions); a NY based IBM Business Partner. Ken is also a writer and technical editor for IBM Systems Magazine, Power Systems edition and a frequent contributor of content for IBM developerWorks. He is a technology writer and site expert for techtarget.com and provides Linux technical information and support at SearchEnterpriseLinux.com. He is the founder and group leader of the NY Metro POWER-AIX/Linux Users Group. Ken serves as a permanent guest on the Board in an advisory role as an AIX expert for COMMON. He also is a former Board member of Unigroup.
Ken has done work for many Global Fortune 500 companies and has experience with the SMB market; having held such diverse positions from CIO to Senior Unix Engineer. Ken is a PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP), an IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) System p (AIX & Linux), and also holds certifications in Solaris and HP-UX. Ken has 20+ years of experience with Unix/Linux.
Ken holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer and Information Science, as well as a Master of Science degree in Technology Management from the University of Maryland University College.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Kenneth Milberg
- What can you do with the "cat" command?
- Solaris-to-Linux porting, part two
- LinuxWorld preview: What's up with Linux and ERP?
- LinuxWorld preview: What's next for Unix vendors?
- Which enterprise distros include Linux 2.6?
- How can I fix an unknown user error when configuring my Samba server?
- Unsung heroes: Terry Every, the best in MIS
- Unix-to-Linux migration, part 3
- Unix-to-Linux migration, part 2
- Difficulty connecting to another host on the same network using talk command
- Unix-to-Linux migration, part 1
- Who are Red Hat's biggest competitors?
- SCO's products in the 80's and now
- Migration: Planning and choosing
- Training for an "old school" Linux newbie
- Linux dual booting and booting options
- As Linux becomes more popular, won't it be more susceptible to virus attacks?
- How can I add the ScopeID to my Samba startup script?
- What is the advantage of GCC compiler over CC compiler?
- How to configure Samba and give users a home directories on a Red Hat server