Ken Milberg is the President and Managing consultant of PowerTCO (formerly known as Unix-Linux Solutions); a NY based IBM Business Partner. Ken is also a writer and technical editor for IBM Systems Magazine, Power Systems edition and a frequent contributor of content for IBM developerWorks. He is a technology writer and site expert for techtarget.com and provides Linux technical information and support at SearchEnterpriseLinux.com. He is the founder and group leader of the NY Metro POWER-AIX/Linux Users Group. Ken serves as a permanent guest on the Board in an advisory role as an AIX expert for COMMON. He also is a former Board member of Unigroup.
Ken has done work for many Global Fortune 500 companies and has experience with the SMB market; having held such diverse positions from CIO to Senior Unix Engineer. Ken is a PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP), an IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) System p (AIX & Linux), and also holds certifications in Solaris and HP-UX. Ken has 20+ years of experience with Unix/Linux.
Ken holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer and Information Science, as well as a Master of Science degree in Technology Management from the University of Maryland University College.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Kenneth Milberg
- Which distros will come out on top?
- Is there a way around paying large consulting fees to migrate to ERP on Linux?
- Can I FTP files in a Unix-to-Linux Oracle migration?
- VM initialization error while installing Oracle 9i on RHEL 3.0
- Review: RHEL 4 gives strong features, no thrills
- Review, part 2: RHEL 4 lacks thrills, provides basics
- Review, part 3: RHEL 4 delivers basics, no thrills
- What is the biggest barrier to businesses in choosing Linux over Unix?
- How is open source ERP software faring in the enterprise?
- Monitoring processes in Solaris 8
- Setting up a cluster with Linux and Oracle
- Setting up a network
- Know thy shells
- Newbie-friendly help for migrating C/C++ programs from Solaris to Linux
- How does a journaling filesystem work?
- Moving files in a Unix-to-Linux port
- Solaris-to-Linux porting, part 4
- Porting Solaris applications to Linux
- What can you do with the "cat" command?
- Which is better and more stable: Windows, Unix or Linux?