Ken Milberg is a Technical Systems Professional and a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) -- specializing in Project Management and Systems Integration. Ken has over 25 years of experience managing systems, projects and people. He is a writer (Unix, Linux, Datacenter and Mainframe content) and book author (Driving the Power of AIX). Ken has been a technical editor for IBM Systems Magazine and a frequent contributor of content for IBM developerWorks. He has worked with many Global Fortune 500 companies through the years, in different verticals -- from Financial to Healthcare. Ken was designated an IBM Champion (an IT professional who influences and mentors others to help them make best use of IBM software, solutions and services) in 2012 -- which recognizes innovative thought leaders in the technical community. He holds a B.S. in Computer and Information Science as well as an M.S. in Technology Management from the University of Maryland.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Kenneth Milberg
- Transferring data from a Unix SCO server to Red Hat Linux 3.0
- Sealing Red Hat security gaps with open source security
- Installing, configuring firewalls, packet filtering in
- Installing Oracle10g on RHEL4
- RHEL4 and Windows integration using Samba-3
- Migrating from Oracle 9i to PostgresSQL 7.3.4 using Ora2Pg
- Open source vs. proprietary high-availability database products
- Strategies and resources for porting to open source
- Red Hat Server vs. Fedora Core
- A tour of the Red Hat Directory Server
- A tour of Red Hat Certificate System
- Open source vs. open standards
- Open standards and open source in natural disasters
- Open source in small IT shops
- Introductory resources for IPCs, multithreading and socket programming
- Partitioning in Unix and Linux 7.2
- Measuring I/O in 2.6 and the tools you'll need
- What is the difference between a compiler and an interpreter?
- How do I install Red Hat Linux 9.0 on a remote machine using NFS?
- Creating a new user account in Solaris