As SearchEnterpriseLinux.com Site Editor, Jan Stafford directs the development of the site's original content, including features, news reports and exclusive interviews with leading Linux technology experts.
Jan has covered the computer industry for the last 25 years, writing about everything from word processors to e-commerce software to, of course, Linux. She has served in top editorial positions with several national trade publications, as a contributor to such publications as PC Week Inside and Investor's Business Daily, and as a speaker at industry conferences. She came to Techtarget.com from VARBusiness, where she developed and wrote cover stories, executive Q&As, and new technology reports for online and print publication.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jan Stafford
- Author makes business case for Firefox
- Why does Linux keep time from Jan. 1, 1970?
- A Linux cluster primer, part one
- A Linux cluster primer, part two
- IBM's A-Z database strategy: Ascential, Apache & Zend
- Comparing MySQL and MS SQL Server
- MySQL ends long delays for traffic admin
- Manual migration from MS SQL Server to MySQL
- Migration prep, part 4: Automating migration to MySQL
- When to switch from MS SQL to MySQL
- MySQL 5 to open once-closed doors
- Cutting out Windows and fat clients, part 1
- Cutting out Windows and fat clients, part 2
- Linux guide for executives
- IT user's blunder has a surprise ending
- Virtualization eases bank's updates, reduces downtime
- Virtualization too risky for some, but its ROI rules
- FSG rallies against 'Unix-ization' of Linux
- A SCO setback makes the Linux world glow
- Scyld's new cluster has Linux distro, Ganglia inside