As SearchEnterpriseLinux.com Site Editor, Jan Stafford directs the development of the site's original content, including features, news reports and exclusive interviews with leading Linux technology experts.
Jan has covered the computer industry for the last 25 years, writing about everything from word processors to e-commerce software to, of course, Linux. She has served in top editorial positions with several national trade publications, as a contributor to such publications as PC Week Inside and Investor's Business Daily, and as a speaker at industry conferences. She came to Techtarget.com from VARBusiness, where she developed and wrote cover stories, executive Q&As, and new technology reports for online and print publication.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jan Stafford
- FYI: Zend CEO covers PHP basics
- Scalix founder: Linux, Webmail are killer apps
- FYI: Security, quarantine tips for commercial Sendmail
- IT pros: Problem with Firefox isn't Firefox's fault
- FYI: When to use commercial Sendmail
- Inside Compiere's open source ERP
- Open source takes on business apps giants
- Firefox secure, but don't dump IE yet
- Author makes business case for Firefox
- Why does Linux keep time from Jan. 1, 1970?
- A Linux cluster primer, part one
- A Linux cluster primer, part two
- IBM's A-Z database strategy: Ascential, Apache & Zend
- Migration prep, part 4: Automating migration to MySQL
- When to switch from MS SQL to MySQL
- MySQL ends long delays for traffic admin
- MySQL 5 to open once-closed doors
- Manual migration from MS SQL Server to MySQL
- Comparing MySQL and MS SQL Server
- Cutting out Windows and fat clients, part 2