As SearchEnterpriseLinux.com Site Editor, Jan Stafford directs the development of the site's original content, including features, news reports and exclusive interviews with leading Linux technology experts.
Jan has covered the computer industry for the last 25 years, writing about everything from word processors to e-commerce software to, of course, Linux. She has served in top editorial positions with several national trade publications, as a contributor to such publications as PC Week Inside and Investor's Business Daily, and as a speaker at industry conferences. She came to Techtarget.com from VARBusiness, where she developed and wrote cover stories, executive Q&As, and new technology reports for online and print publication.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jan Stafford
- What's ahead for Samba-3, Samba-4 and FUD-fighting
- Samba's Terpstra shoots down open source misinformation
- Windows-to-Linux desktop migration tips: Why to switch,
- What's the difference between Unix and Linux?
- What is GNU?
- OSDL CEO: Microsoft has to accept Linux
- LinuxWorld: Small vendors on right track with SMB focus
- OpenLogic CTO: Lock-in endangers open source, too
- Putting Windows vs. Linux clusters on the scale
- OSDL's Weinberg: Open source is a 'velvet' revolution
- LinuxWorld preview: The open source waiting game
- LinuxWorld: Why management has been easier on Windows
- Windows expert points to Linux, open source gaps
- The open source revolution: What CIOs should know
- Hugger-Mugger fixes goofed open source ERP system
- 'Goodbye' to a friend
- MySQL 5.0 shoots for a new image
- MySQL expert: DBA dos and don'ts
- SugarCEO John Roberts: Why CRM fails, part 1
- Stopping intruders with Snort & friends