As SearchEnterpriseLinux.com Site Editor, Jan Stafford directs the development of the site's original content, including features, news reports and exclusive interviews with leading Linux technology experts.
Jan has covered the computer industry for the last 25 years, writing about everything from word processors to e-commerce software to, of course, Linux. She has served in top editorial positions with several national trade publications, as a contributor to such publications as PC Week Inside and Investor's Business Daily, and as a speaker at industry conferences. She came to Techtarget.com from VARBusiness, where she developed and wrote cover stories, executive Q&As, and new technology reports for online and print publication.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jan Stafford
- Linux routers, part 1: Flex marks the spot
- More outside threats, more need for open-source code
- Is Linux security right for you? Expert offers guidance
- IBM pushes game as learning tool for Linux admins
- OS bigots are not what people are looking for
- Experts: A little Linux is enough for Windows shops
- Analyst: Virtualization will stall Linux
- Grid computing: Is it right for your business?
- Linux security: The seven deadly sins
- Linux and mainframes, part 2: Choosing distros and apps
- Linux and mainframes: Odd couple or perfect match?
- The Wrong Choice: Locked in by license restrictions
- Sun unveils low-end servers with Red Hat, Oracle
- How could DRM on Linux impact admins?
- Free Linux/OSS support, part 5: A sys admin converts
- Linux/OSS support: Step-by-step guide to getting it
- First stops on the road to free support
- Linux/OSS support, part 3: A firsthand story
- Linux/OSS support weaknesses
- Ten reasons to turn to open source support services