As SearchEnterpriseLinux.com Site Editor, Jan Stafford directs the development of the site's original content, including features, news reports and exclusive interviews with leading Linux technology experts.
Jan has covered the computer industry for the last 25 years, writing about everything from word processors to e-commerce software to, of course, Linux. She has served in top editorial positions with several national trade publications, as a contributor to such publications as PC Week Inside and Investor's Business Daily, and as a speaker at industry conferences. She came to Techtarget.com from VARBusiness, where she developed and wrote cover stories, executive Q&As, and new technology reports for online and print publication.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jan Stafford
- Challenges of standardizing on Linux
- Oracle: Standardize on 'unbreakable' Linux distros
- Linux topples college's IT Tower of Babel
- Farm-products chain says Wintel is a saddle sore
- Why use CIFS with Linux? Why not?
- Perens: IT pros must lobby for open-source
- Tractor Supply gets out of WinTel's no-scale rut
- Nab hackers with Snort on Linux
- The Wrong Choice: Two true tales of misspent energy
- LinuxWorld: Real-world projects show Linux at work
- LinuxWorld: Users yawn at SCO's legal action
- LinuxWorld: 2.6 kernel cures some security shortcomings
- Red Hat pads fund to fight SCO, files complaint
- Data center barriers to Linux are history
- Sun commits to open source desktop, new alliances
- LinuxWorld: Evangelist advises on preparing Linux pitch
- Dos & don'ts: Configuring Linux routers
- Altiris on Linux management: The gaps, gaffes, map
- Expert describes optimal Linux routing setup
- Router functionality lives in Linux kernel