James is a former IT executive in the banking industry and author of five technology books, including Hardening Linux, Pulling Strings with Puppet and Pro Linux System Administration James has been involved in IT Operations for nearly twenty years and is an advocate of open source technology.
He has previously worked as manager of the CERT at National Australia Bank, Executive Manager of IT Security at the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, the CIO of a medical research foundation doing Web-based clinical trials, managing the architecture group of an outsourcing company and in a number of IT roles in gaming, telecommunications and government.
He currently works at Puppet Labs as head of Operations. James manages operations, documentation, testing, support and release management for Puppet Labs.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from James Turnbull
- Open source tools for e-mail, network and general perimeter protection
- Learning Linux security administration
- Policies and rules
- Use the right rules in your firewall
- Open source tools for security configuration, administr
- Netfilter and iptables: Understanding how they harden L
- Hardening Linux: Firewall implementation
- Securing your SSHD and SSH connections
- Eliminating spam with SpamAssassin, DSPAM and ClamAV
- How secure is desktop Linux versus Windows?
- Securing your Red Hat Linux network
- Security differences between Linux and Unix