Andrew has been professionally involved in the technology sector for 11 years. For the last six of them he has worked with the latest technologies while employed by the University of Texas at Austin. Two years ago, Andrew started his own consulting firm and development house, l o s t c r e a t i o n s. He is also a founding member of the Austin VMware Users' Group (VMUG). His current pet development project is Sudo for Windows.
In 2004, Andrew started working heavily with consumer virtualization and in 2005 began pushing for server virtualization in UT's central technology department, Information Technology Services (ITS). In 2006, Andrew designed and implemented ITS' first enterprise virtualized server infrastructure environment.
Andrew is an avid fan of .NET, Open Source, Terminal Services, coding, and comics. He is a Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) and Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD). Andrew graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a BA in Ancient History and Classical Civilization and currently lives in Austin, Tex. with his wife Mandy and their two puppies, Lucy and CJ.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Andrew Kutz
- Ubuntu stability
- Ubuntu remote backup
- Dependency solution
- Installing a secure instant messaging server on Linux
- Managing hardware RAIDs with Adaptec and Ubuntu
- Splunking with VMware and syslog on Linux
- Does Linux virtualization mean migration from Unix or Windows?
- Creating a VPN appliance with Ubuntu and Openswan
- Hosting iSCSI Targets on Ubuntu Linux
- Can I use an Ubuntu server with OS X Leopard's Time Machine?
- Installing Ubuntu from a USB drive
- Installing xrdp on Dap desktop 6.06 or Fiesty Desktop 7.04
- Compiling OpenSSH on Feisty Fawn
- RHEL 5's KVM vs. Feisty Fawn's KVM
- Mounting external drives on Dapper Drake
- Compiling OpenSSH on Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn Server
- Using Ubuntu Linux with WINE
- Ubuntu driver licensing
- Ubuntu servers: Getting started
- Ubuntu Linux installer problems