To comprehend this, consider that lots of things are free in this life that other people have laboured on: jazz in the park, birthday parties, walking tracks through the forest. They might cost money to make, but no-one's going to send you a bill. Just enjoy such things, don't waste the opportunity.
On features, that's a very long story, but some basic points are:
- Product Maturity: Opera, Netscape and Mozilla are more mature.
- Internal Quality: Opera, Netscape and Mozilla are better inside.
- Vendor lock-in: IE is the only browser seeking to be non-standard.
- Security: IE has a track record ten times worse than the rest.
- Featurism: Opera and Mozilla have many small enhancements.
Dig Deeper on Windows-to-Linux migration
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.